Steam distilled from the flowers and leaves, Lavender Essential Oil offers a light floral, powdery and generally calming aroma.
If you also ever wondered about Peppermint Essential Oil, I have a post about that, too!
7 Ways to use Lavender Essential Oils
Please know that I am exclusively talking about doTERRA brand Essential Oils here! Never use an “Essential Oil” bought at Target, The Dollar Store etc. on , or God forbid, in your body!
1. This is gonna be a long one. I’m talking Skin Irritations. Be it a burn, Tattoo, Imperfection, Scar or Razor burn, Lavender takes care of it all! I like to add 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil to a 10 ml Roller bottle ( found here ) and fill the rest with a so called carrier oil like liquid coconut oil, jojoba oil or even olive oil. Pop on the roller top and you’re good to go. Simply apply the oil using the roller onto the mentioned skin problems above and watch it heal. reapply as needed every few hours.
2. Reduce anxious feelings and calm your nerves by diffusing a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil around you. It can work wonders! You can also use the Roller described above on the insides of your wrists to calm you down.
3. Have an irritated, dry scalp? Add a drop to your shampoo when washing your hair! It will calm the skin and help to moisturize it.
4. Want longer, healthy eyelashes? Add one, yes, only one, drop of Lavender Essential Oil to your tube of mascara and watch them grow stronger and healthier!
5. Deep Relaxation, Calming of the mind and thoughts…. sounds like my speed after a busy day! Diffuse a few drops starting around 30 minutes before you head to bed works wonders for calming down! Also, again using the roller recipe above, roll it onto the bottoms of your feet right before bed and drift of into a relaxing sleep soon.
6. Need deeper relaxation to go to sleep at night? Add a few drops to your bedding or make a bedding spray using a small glass spray bottle, around 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil and fill up the rest with water. Spray on sheets and pillow cases before going to sleep.
7. For another way to relax, add a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil to your bathwater at night!
Please know there are plenty more uses for Lavender. These are just a few to get you started.
- If you are interested in trying essential oils for yourself, you can check out my doTERRA Website and order today! Or simply go to the contact us area on the site here and shoot me a message and i might even send you some FREE Samples
Disclaimer: This blog post may contain an affiliate link. I may receive a discount for products mentioned on my blog. I also may receive a small commission, if my affiliate link is used. I only recommend products I personally use and love.